The Plainview Fire Department is seeking a NYS Paramedic Supervisor/Narcotics Agent, to be part of our Fire Department EMS Team. This is a part time position, limited to current employees, and carries NO Benefits, ex: Vacation, Dental, Sick time, and Medical.
- As Narcotics Agent, work in conjunction with the Plainview Fire Department Medical Director in procuring advanced life support medication.
- Obtain the controlled substances, morphine, valium, versed and others as approved from the Medical Director.
- Secure all controlled substances as a sub-stock in the department vehicles and replenishment safe.
- Maintain, update and file the following forms:
- Controlled Substances Main Stock Inventory Log
- Controlled Substances Sub-Stock Inventory Log
- Loss of Controlled Substance
- Submit Controlled Substances Biannual Report to NYS Department of Health
- Conduct a weekly audit of all narcotics.
- Work with Department EMS Personnel on Quality Assurance and submit reports to Nassau County REMSCO.
- As Paramedic Supervisor, coordinate scheduling of paid paramedic staff.
- Conduct inventory of all EMS supplies and maintain sufficient in house stock.
- Maintain all EMS equipment (AED, Suction, Medical Control Radio and Defibrillators)
- Report the condition of the above to the Board of Directions, as required.
- As Paramedic respond to emergency calls as assigned.
- Operate ambulance equipment.
- Attend to injuries or sudden illnesses by applying a variety of pre-hospital care following the Nassau County REMSCO Protocol in basic and advanced life support.
- Monitor patient’s condition throughout transport to hospital.
- A NYS Paramedic with two years of experience with Nassau County ALS credentials.
- Must be employed by the Plainview Fire Department for a minimum of two years.
- Two years supervisory experience in a paid EMS agency.
- Must have experience with the following programs: Word, Excel, Red Alert and When to Work
- Must take and pass a yearly medical and be subject to random drug screening.
- Valid driver’s license.
All interested candidates should submit their resume prior to October 1, 2021 to:
PLAINVIEW FIRE DEPARTMENT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
885 OLD COUNTRY ROAD
PLAINVIEW, NY 11803